Kids Talent Onboarding/Registration

Interested in how to get your child into acting? Register with Central Casting to get them on set as Background Actors and doubles.

While your minor does not need a work permit to sign up with us, they will need an entertainment work permit to be considered for jobs.


Make a reservation

Gather your minor’s required documentation, then make a reservation to bring your minor to a Talent Onboarding session.

Reserve Now

Illustration of hand clicking a reserve button.

Illustration of map and red locator symbol

Visit our office

Bring your minor’s required documentation to your reserved Talent Onboarding session at our Burbank office. We cannot onboard your child without these documents and you will be turned away if you do not bring them to your reserved session.

At Talent Onboarding you will complete paperwork, an orientation, and your minor will take a photo for our casting platform.

Required Documentation

In accordance with federal law, all registrants/employees must bring the required documentation to complete a Form I-9. Central Casting cannot onboard/employ anyone who does not have their original I-9 documentation with them, even those who arrived on time. Ensure the name on the I-9 documentation matches the name the reservation was made under.

The federal government requires that for the Form I-9, minors are required to either present one original unexpired List A document, or an original unexpired List B and List C document combination. If presenting a List B document to an employer that participates in E-Verify (Central Casting), the employer can only see/use a List B document that includes a non-detachable photo of the minor. Per Federal Law, Central Casting is not permitted to onboard anyone, minor or adult, who does not have the required documentation.

Per federal law, the non-photo ID options in List B do not apply to minors pursuing employment with companies that are E-Verify participants (Central Casting). This statement has been issued by the federal government regarding minors and Form I-9:

Per federal law, because Central Casting is an E-Verify participant, parents or legal guardians cannot establish identity for a minor in any other way than by presenting either a List A document, or a combination of a List B document that contains a photograph and a List C document.

300 E Magnolia Blvd. (3rd Floor)
Burbank, CA 91502

By reservation only
(see step 1)

Talent Onboarding FAQs

  • What is a Background Actor?

    A Background Actor is someone who performs in a show in a nonspeaking role, usually in the background of scenes. Central Casting signs up minors from 15 days old to 17 years old to appear in movies, TV shows, and other productions. If you’re looking into how to get your child into acting, registering them as a Background Actor is a great way to get them on set experience.

  • What is a double?

    Doubles are people who look enough like a principal actor that they can replace them when the actor’s face does not appear on camera. Since there are strict laws regarding how long a minor can work, productions often employ minor doubles so they can continue filming when the principal minor is no longer available.

  • What if my minor doesn’t have proper I-9 documentation?

    Those without required documentation (unexpired originals only, no photocopies) to accompany the I-9 form will be turned away.

    Must also bring identification showing date of birth for the Age Verification form.

  • Do I have to attend Talent Onboarding with my minor?

    All minors ages 17 and under must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. Homeland Security permits only the parent or legal guardian to fill out the I-9 form.

  • Does my minor need a work permit?

    Your minor does not need a work permit to register, but in order to be considered for work, each minor will need an entertainment work permit issued by the state of California on file with Central Casting.

  • When do reservations become available?

    New sessions open up in Los Angeles exactly 3 days in advance. If all dates show “unavailable,” then sessions are either currently filled or not yet open. Check back often, as spots can open up any time due to cancellations.

  • I need to cancel or change my reservation. How do I do that?

    Please review the email that was sent you from to cancel or change your reservation.

  • I did not receive a confirmation email for my reservation. What happened?

    If you successfully made a reservation, but did not receive an email, check your junk and other non-inbox folders. You can also search your email for to locate your reservation confirmation.

    Please note: Reservations often fill quickly. In order to successfully make a reservation, you must enter your full name, click the schedule event button, and receive a confirmation email.

  • What if my minor is a member of SAG-AFTRA?

    Please bring your minor’s current SAG-AFTRA card/receipt issued by SAG-AFTRA with you to Talent Onboarding.

  • Can I bring my dog?

    Pets cannot be accommodated.

  • How long is Minor’s Talent Onboarding?

    Talent Onboarding is approximately 20-30 minutes.

  • Where can I park?

    There are paid and free parking options in the area. Please note: Central Casting does not validate parking. You can also access our office via public transit and the Downtown Burbank Metrolink, which is about a mile walk.

  • Once my minor is registered, how do I find them work?

    Please visit our Kids Talent page for all relevant information.

Central Casting is a participant in the E-Verify program. We will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee’s I-9 form to confirm employment authorization. Note: If the government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you with written instructions and an opportunity to contact the SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.

Ensure Your Minor is Active

Renew your minor’s work permit

Minor entertainment work permits are valid for six months. You can register or renew your minor’s work permit on the CA Department of Industrial Relations website.

Once you’ve submitted your application and the state has approved it, you will receive an email from the state with your new valid minor’s work permit. (This may take weeks to receive.)

Send new work permit to Central Casting

Submit your new minor’s work permit

We will update your minor’s profile within 2 business days.

Complete anti-harassment training with Central Casting

For more about anti-harassment training, please visit our Required Training page.

Note: To be eligible to be booked, training must be taken through Central Casting. If training is required through the State of California to receive an entertainment work permit, you must follow directions given by the state. Central Casting’s training in non-transferrable and we do not provide proof of completion.

Claim and update your minor’s online profile

First claim your child’s profile, then log in to update their information. Be sure to update their look and sizes as they change and upload current photos.