Complete required Anti-Harassment training
- If you have not completed required anti-harassment training, you are not eligible to be booked by Central Casting. Training must be taken every two years. Once you complete the training, you will become eligible to be booked again. If you did not receive an email regarding the required training, please contact technical support at email@example.com. You can find more information on our Required Training page.
Update sizes in your online profile
- Has it been a while since you updated your sizes? Have you not yet populated sizes in your online profile? Casting Directors often use these measurements when booking their shows. If you don’t have your sizes or have inaccurate measurements in your profile, you may be missing out on job opportunities. Learn more.
Central Casting’s new text message number – it’s shorter and always the same!
- Text messages from Central Casting will be sent from a new number. It’s shorter – only 5 digits, and it’s always the same 5-digit number. You can be assured that all messages you receive from this number are from us here at Central Casting. We know some of our Background Actors had some difficulty receiving text messages, this new number will help ensure all messages are delivered.
To respond to availability inquiries, you still must click the provided link or log in to your online profile. And of course if you’re going to be late or need to cancel, you must call your Central Casting office. This new text number does not accept replies.
COVID-19 booster requirement effective March 15, 2022
- Updates to the Return to Work Agreement regarding productions with a mandatory vaccination policy for Zone A. For details, see the Return to Work Agreement page.
Update to online profile regarding vaccination status
- In your online profile, you now have the option to specify if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or are seeking religious/medical exemption. Log in to your profile, open the “Key Information” tab, and scroll to the “COVID-19 vaccination question” to update. You can learn more on our Return to Work Agreement page.
Direct Deposit for Background Actors
- Central Casting is excited to announce a direct deposit payment option for Background Actors! If you’d like to be paid by direct deposit instead of paper checks, you can sign up through myEP once then will receive all payment via direct deposit for productions where Central Casting provides casting services and Entertainment Partners handles payroll. Learn More.
Tech support chat
- Our tech support chat is now available between 6am-6pm PT for technical help with your online profile, email updates, required training questions (Los Angeles and New York only), and more. Note: technical support and casting are separate. If you need to cancel, are going to be late, have questions about your booking, or other casting related inquiries, you must contact your Central Casting office.
Check out our Articles section
- Articles are available now. Each article has a quick poll. Be sure to cast your votes. Keep checking back as we continue to post regular new content.
Have a Question?
Chat live with Tech Support or view FAQs
for answers to commonly asked questions.
Bookmark our jobs page to stay up to date
with all our latest jobs posts.
Become a Background Actor with Central Casting.
Get booked on movies and TV shows. It’s free and easy to get started.
I want to sign up with Central Casting
To onboard yourself or a minor, make a reservation for a Talent Onboarding session. You must have a reservation and the required Form I-9 documentation. Reservations can only be made via the reservation calendar on the Sign Up page.
I need to visit the office to update my photo
We are not currently holding in-person photo updates. You can upload photos of your current look to your online profile. Scroll to the “Photographs” section, select the upload button, then choose the Current look: front slot.
I am having trouble with my online profile/need to update my email
See our Profile Management page for how-to videos and FAQs that may answer your question. If you need to change your email or need further assistance you can contact technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org, 855.500.2055, or through tech support chat. Note: tech support chat is for technical questions only, for casting inquiries please call your local Central Casting office.
I am having trouble taking the anti-harassment training course
The Required Training page has FAQs and troubleshooting information. If you need additional assistance, contact technical support at email@example.com, 855.500.2055, or through tech support chat.
I have payroll questions
Casting and payroll are handled separately, so if you have questions about a project where you were paid by Central Casting, please contact payroll at 855.500.2055. You can also sign up or log in to my.ep.com to view your pay history and change your contact information.
I have a question regarding my booking
If you have questions about getting booked or the casting process, please see the Talent page for more information. If it’s an emergency, you can call 818.562.2700 and select option #1 for Background Actors. Be ready to give your name, the Casting Director who booked you, and the name of the project you are working on.