Please support the motion picture industry and help stop the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 education resources are available.
Note to Background Actors: these are optional resources to review if you wish.
Tech support chat
- Our tech support chat is now available between 6am-6pm PT for technical help with your online profile, email updates, required training questions (Los Angeles and New York only), and more. Note: technical support and casting are separate. If you need to cancel, are going to be late, have questions about your booking, or other casting related inquiries, you must contact your Central Casting office.
Now Casting with our online self-service platform
- Casting Directors are now booking through our online self-service platform. Be sure to check your email/texts often, keep your profile updated, and continue to fill out your availability calendar. You can now claim, view, and edit your Central Casting profile online through the log in button in our website menu. If you are already signed up with Central Casting, you must claim your profile before you can access it.
Claim your online profile
- You can now claim, view, and edit your Central Casting profile online through the log in button in our website menu. If you are already signed up with Central Casting, you must claim your profile before you can access it. Please update and fill out your profile completely so Casting Directors can consider you for the right roles.
State of New York quarantine requirements
- As we move into the holiday season and people travel to visit family and friends, the State of New York has issued quarantine requirements that apply to travelers upon returning to New York after traveling outside of the State. The State’s quarantine requirements may impact workers’ ability to work after traveling outside of the State. If you are interested, New York State’s quarantine requirements relating to such travel are viewable here. Please to not submit for a job if you are unable to satisfy these requirements.
Paycheck and payroll information
- Have questions about payroll? For more information on your paycheck and signing up for myEP, read our latest payroll article.
Sick and Safe Time Act
- We are making available to you the Notice of Employee Rights – New York City Earned Sick and Safe Time Act. Available here.
All offices closed to talent and visitors
- We are closed for Talent Onboarding, Updates, and all other Central Casting events due to COVID-19. If you are ill, experiencing any symptoms, or feel you have been exposed to COVID-19 do not accept a booking or go to set. All Central Casting offices are closed to talent and visitors at this time.
Educational Resources for COVID-19 Testing
- If you are interested in learning about COVID-19 testing, here are some optional resources to review if you wish: Coronavirus COVID-19 Testing.
Below the Line podcast featuring Central Casting
- Check out the newest Below the Line podcast featuring Jennifer Bender and Claire Benjamin from Central Casting. This episode discusses how background casting worked before COVID-19 and how the process is changing in response to the pandemic. Click to listen.
Help stop the spread of COVID-19!
- COVID-19 educational resources are available at www.centralcasting.com/covid19. These are optional resources for you to review if you wish.
Jennifer Bender featured on podcast: There to Here
- Central Casting’s EVP Jennifer Bender was recently interviewed on the CoLab INC Podcast: There to Here. This is an educational podcast where pros talk nuts and bolts, how they define success in the entertainment industry and how they got from there to here. Jennifer gives her perspective on the current climate of the industry relating to Background Actors. Watch or listen to the podcast.
Central Casting and Entertainment Partners’ global company shut down operations from 9-11am PT on June 9 as a time of reflection for our employees. This was a first step. Over the coming months, our company will create opportunities for meaningful dialogue with our employees and within our industry about social injustice and discuss what we can do as an organization to create change.
- Access your pay history, tax information and more info for all projects paid by Entertainment Partners at my.EP.com. Click here for more details.
I hope this message finds you and your loved ones safe and healthy. It’s been about 9 weeks since our industry went down due to COVID-19 and I, as well as all of you, am sure ready to get back to work! But of course, we can’t do that until it is safe to do so. Having all of our financial and creative resources end so quickly has been hard on all of us. I wanted to share with you that over these weeks we have been actively involved with meeting with our clients, studios and union to partner in what will be the best path to move us forward and get back to work safely. As more information evolves, we will be sure to communicate it out to you as best we can. In the meantime, stay safe, take good care of yourself, catch up on movies and shows and spend time with your loved ones. We are thinking about all of you and hoping we all can get back to making movies and television again soon!
All my best,
All Background Actors signed up with Central Casting
- Out of an abundance of caution and because your health and safety is very important to us, do not accept a booking, or go to set If you:
- Are currently feeling unwell or have any flu like symptoms such as fever, a temperature of 100 or greater, a cough or breathing difficulties
- Have been in close proximity with a person(s) known or suspected to have the Coronavirus (COVID-19) or under quarantine/isolation
- Have traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19, including New York (unless you are a NY Background Actor already residing or working in NY), Northern California, Washington State, China, Hong Kong, Italy, Japan, Iran, and South Korea
Central Casting Policies and Arbitration Agreement
- All talent signed up with Central Casting are required to comply with Central Casting’s policies which includes a mandatory arbitration agreement. If you choose to continue your employment/casting relationship with Central Casting, your consent to the arbitration agreement is deemed automatic and no action is needed from you, and you may continue to submit for work like you normally do. You are not required to review the arbitration agreement, but if you choose to read it, it is available in our Forms and Policies section. Refusal to comply with Central Casting’s arbitration agreement and policies will mean you are ineligible to work on Central Casting jobs.
Check out our Articles section
- Brand new articles are available now. Each article has a quick poll. Be sure to cast your votes. Keep checking back as we continue to post regular new content.