Update sizes in your online profile
- Has it been a while since you updated your sizes? Have you not yet populated sizes in your online profile? Casting Directors often use these measurements when booking their shows. If you don’t have your sizes or have inaccurate measurements in your profile, you may be missing out on job opportunities. Learn more.
Central Casting’s new text message number – it’s shorter and always the same!
- Text messages from Central Casting will be sent from a new number. It’s shorter – only 5 digits, and it’s always the same 5-digit number. You can be assured that all messages you receive from this number are from us here at Central Casting. We know some of our Background Actors had some difficulty receiving text messages, this new number will help ensure all messages are delivered.
To respond to availability inquiries, you still must click the provided link or log in to your online profile. And of course if you’re going to be late or need to cancel, you must call your Central Casting office. This new text number does not accept replies.
COVID-19 booster requirement effective March 15, 2022
- Updates to the Return to Work Agreement regarding productions with a mandatory vaccination policy for Zone A. For details, see the Return to Work Agreement page.
NY Whistleblower Protection
- For information about New York’s protections for workers who engage in whistleblower activity: Available here.
Update to online profile regarding vaccination status
- In your online profile, you now have the option to specify if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or are seeking religious/medical exemption. Log in to your profile, open the “Key Information” tab, and scroll to the “COVID-19 vaccination question” to update. You can learn more on our Return to Work Agreement page.
Direct Deposit for Background Actors
- Central Casting is excited to announce a direct deposit payment option for Background Actors! If you’d like to be paid by direct deposit instead of paper checks, you can sign up through myEP once then will receive all payment via direct deposit for productions where Central Casting provides casting services and Entertainment Partners handles payroll. Learn More.
- Central Casting is excited to announce SmartVoucher, our new digital voucher platform. In order to use SmartVoucher, you will need to claim your online profile if you haven’t already. You can find more information on SmartVoucher on the Talent page. Learn more.
Tech support chat
- Our tech support chat is now available between 6am-6pm PT for technical help with your online profile, email updates, required training questions (Los Angeles and New York only), and more. Note: technical support and casting are separate. If you need to cancel, are going to be late, have questions about your booking, or other casting related inquiries, you must contact your Central Casting office.
Sick and Safe Time Act
- We are making available to you the Notice of Employee Rights – New York City Earned Sick and Safe Time Act. Available here.
Central Casting Policies and Arbitration Agreement
- All talent signed up with Central Casting are required to comply with Central Casting’s policies which includes a mandatory arbitration agreement. If you choose to continue your employment/casting relationship with Central Casting, your consent to the arbitration agreement is deemed automatic and no action is needed from you, and you may continue to submit for work like you normally do. You are not required to review the arbitration agreement, but if you choose to read it, it is available in our Forms and Policies section. Refusal to comply with Central Casting’s arbitration agreement and policies will mean you are ineligible to work on Central Casting jobs.
Check out our Articles section
- Articles are available now. Each article has a quick poll. Be sure to cast your votes. Keep checking back as we continue to post regular new content.